PD80AL – Ceiling Sound Baffles
Ceiling sound baffles hung perpendicular to a ceiling are an established and highly effective way to create additional sound absorbing surfaces, especially in interiors lacking sufficient surfaces for wall mounted panels. Acoustical Baffles are not only functional, but decorative, too, and can be used for signage or to denote areas or departments within a larger space. As with other Acoustical Panel systems, baffles may be covered with the fabric of your choice.
• Reduces sound reverberation in high ceiling space.
• Unique ceiling designs using staggered effect or multicolor baffles.
• High ceiling acoustical treatment for atriums, libraries and churches.
• These ceiling sound baffles are also perfect in gymnasiums, swimming pool areas, convention centers or anywhere wall surface is insufficient for treatment.
Ceiling Hung Baffles Noise Reduction Coefficient Rating
|PS80AL Baffle||1" or 2" Core|
4 - 7 lb. density
|1-5/16" = 0.80
2-5/16" = 1.00
PD80AL Specifier - Panel & Use Reference
|Fiberglass Lb Core Density||Internal perimeter
4-7 lb. density
|NRC Est.||1-5/16” = 0.80
2-5/16” = 1.00
• Panel Thickness & Covering changes NRC values, following is general guide.
• Our mill standard covering is Guilford of Maine FR701-2100 series.
• Covering MUST allow sound waves to travel thru the covering for any absorbing.
• NRC values shown are based on options selected. Questions Inquire.
• Review Noise Coefficient Rating for Panel type / Thickness / Density / Covering found at bottom of page for each panel Type on web page Menu choices.